Located in picturesque L-Block of DLF City Phase II, American Montessori Public School (AMPS) was established by Ms. Lalita Trehan in 1995. Ms. Trehan is a renowned educator trained from the United States in the Montessori Method to impart quality education with the right blend of traditional and progressive orientation. Since then the school has grown into a top CBSE affiliated Senior Secondary, Co-educational, English medium school with an experienced and dedicated staff and a good supporting infrastructure. In 2008, AMPS achieved the distinction of receiving the ISO 9001:2008 Certification for excellence in education, administration and operations.
The Senior Wing of AMPS offers all three streams at the Senior Secondary level. Science (medical and non- medical), Commerce, Humanities and Fine Arts and provides quality education to students from Gurgaon and adjoining areas of south Delhi. In the Senior Wing, a systematic method of student evaluation based on projects and assignments within the framework of CBSE guidelines is followed. The infrastructure consists of a well equipped Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Fine Arts and Computer Labs along with a well stocked library and EDUCOM Smart Classes. The School also offers as extended day Boarding facility (Amecare) for working parents until 6:00 pm and education for under privileged children in the evening (Balsthal).
In the Senior Wing, there are highly qualified faculty members experts in their respective fields, emphasing holistic approach to learning with an ideal student teacher ratio. Students are encouraged to participate in a range of extracurricular activities and sports, along with developing all round academic excellence in preparation for entry to professional colleges and universities, both in India and Abroad.
Our Sports infrastructure provides for basketball, badminton, chess, cricket, tennis, table tennis, tae-kwon-do, yoga and volleyball. The modern Administration Block of the School includes a spacious canteen, activity room for Art, Music and Dance, an audio-visual, conference facilities and a mini-auditorium to enhance a dynamic learning environment.
At our Senior Wing, the emphasis is on academic excellence along with involvement in cultural and co-curricular activities. Students that journey from Primary to Senior Secondary are taken through a rich amalgamation of Montessori and progressive forms of education.
- At the Senior Secondary level, all three streams, namely Science, Commerce and Humanities are available to enable students to choose from a wide spectrum of opportunities. In 2008 the school achieved the distinction of receiving ISO 9001: 2008 certification of excellence in education, administration and operations.
- Emphasis is laid on character building, honesty, truthfulness, and fearlessness and cultivating team spirit.
- Our well-structured curriculum also incorporates life skills such as creative thinking, problems solving and stress management.
- Well trained and qualified staff are committed to provide excellence in education. Our in-house Teacher Training Workshops keep teachers abreast of the latest techniques of imparting knowledge.
- A low Student-Teacher ratio leads to greater interaction and participation.
- Established programmes support each facet of the academic approach thus helping the students in their future endeavours.
- We follow a systematic method of evaluation of our students. Projects & Activity based Worksheets, Internal Assessments are some methods cultivated to assess the student’s progress in the class. The emphasis here is to inculcate in each student an enquiring mind and not merely the acquisition of knowledge.
- Students explore the world of Science through activities, observations and discussions in our well-equipped laboratory for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Our well-stocked library includes volumes of encyclopedias and reference books that can be used as a learning resource.
- Our state-of-the-art Computer Labs, Smart Classes, a well equipped Maths Lab, Fine Arts and Robotics Lab ensure our students are well versed in the latest technology.
- Environmental Studies is an integral part of our curriculum.
- Learning transcends into an effective experience when facts are etched in our mental frames through real life situations.
- School endorses a holistic education model where each child has her or his own unique identity and self-esteem, which is valued and promoted.
- Emphasis is on personalised learning for each student wherein assessment, curriculum, teaching style and out-of-hours provision are all designed to discover and nurture the unique talents of every single pupil.
- The school follows a Comprehensive Educational Program which integrates the best in our culture and philosophy with academic education.
- We strive to demonstrate excellence through character education by providing a variety of opportunities and encouraging participation by all.
- The school is committed to keep parents informed about their student's progress and seek opportunities to incite their active support.
- We are dedicated to developing and improving teaching strategies through professional development. This is an ongoing process.
- Heavy emphasis is laid on positive values such as respect, honesty, hard work, self-discipline, fairness and caring.